View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 10:47 AM
Dave

It's another irritation from Ebay to be sure. I don't really get returns, but that doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Once you start telling people they can do something and get away with it, they will likely start doing it, even if they hadn't thought of ever doing it before.

If it starts happening to me, I will learn to just start blocking those people from bidding and move on.

Some of us mentioned that Ebay should consider making Collectibles an exception to this policy, but from what I am seeing on the Ebay boards, this is actually a much more destructive policy to many of the retail sellers then to us.

People renting clothes and bulky technology like printers and scanners. A $100 toaster oven that costs $35 bucks to ship. Some dude can buy it, use it for a dinner party, ship it back 29 days later, and the seller is on the hook for $100 for the toaster oven + $70 bucks worth of shipping costs (35 bucks each way).

Ebay is even going to let people return new and damaged items out of the original packaging by claiming they will back the seller up for as much as 50% of the original cost of the item.

So Joey from Minnesota buys an IPhone and smashes it on week 3. Requests a return with free shipping and Ebay grants it. Item shows up out of the original packaging and smashed................but hold on sellers Ebay says they have your back, and will only allow Joey to collect 50% of the sales price of the original item, while seller gets a smashed IPhone they can easily resell to recoup the 50% cost + shipping that Ebay just took from them.

I really don't know WTF Ebay is thinking sometimes, other then making everything under the sun, not their problem.