View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 04:04 PM
Arthur R!ch

I'm going off memory right now (which is, admittedly, rubbish) but I seem to remember there being not too many large (6' 1"+ 210+) players on the team when I looked at the roster.

I'm nowhere near 100% on Ernie Smith, I just started eliminating others based on size and face. However, I never looked at the right side of the line. If it were a sweep, it would make sense that it could be a right lineman pulling.

The blocker looks big. It's difficult to tell definitively with the trees in the background but he looks thick, like he's got some meat on his bones. After looking at this team photo I take back my Ernie Smith guess. I think it might be Buckets Goldenberg.

I don't think the ball carrier is Clark Hinkle. He's got a pretty unique face and it doesn't seem to match. Going off ProFootballRef's stats for the '35 Packers we can at least narrow the pool down.

Starters
Pos Player Age Yrs GS Summary of Player Stats
Offensive Starters
HB Johnny Blood 32 10 4 42 rushes for 115 yards, 0 td, & 25 catches for 404 yards and 3 td
TB Arnie Herber 25 5 8 19 rushes for yards, 0 td, & 2 catches for 26 yards and 0 td
FB Clarke Hinkle+ 26 3 6 77 rushes for 273 yards, 2 td, & 1 catch for -4 yards and 0 td
BB Buckets Goldenberg 25 2 6 16 rushes for 52 yards, 0 td, & 3 catches for 42 yards and 0 td
LE Don Hutson 22 Rook 5 18 catches for 420 yards, 6 td, & 6 rushes for 22 yards and 0 td
LT Ernie Smith 26 Rook 7
LG Mike Michalske 32 8 8
C Nate Barragar 28 5 5
RG Lon Evans 24 2 9
RT Ade Schwammel+ 27 1 8
RE Milt Gantenbein 25 4 9 12 catches for 168 yards, 1 td

These can't be the total stats for the season, so that's something to take into account. Obviously, I'm in no position to claim that the ball carrier is Johnny Blood. I feel pretty confident that it isn't Clark Hinkle. That's about as far as I think I can take it on my own. I signed up for the PFRA forum but I'm still waiting to be confirmed. I'm open to and appreciate any and all input here as you've all got much more knowledge and experience with this than I do.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx