View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Mikeknapp

I converted the slides to JPEGS tonight. They are definitely amateur photos but still I greatly enjoyed them. I paid $1 per slide and they were well worth it. The Dapper Dan Photos were very poorly lit but Clemente, Stargell, Kison, Sanguillen, Prince, Murtaugh, and Satchel Paige were included. It's ironic that a year later Paige would join Clemente in Cooperstown. The Cooperstown slides did not include the induction ceremony but did capture a few interesting shots of the Clemente plaque as it was displayed in 1973. The World Series shots were taken form the Right Field grandstand so they lack detail. The Sept 29th shots were taken form the first baseline and are interesting. The shots from September 30th are about the same as the print I purchased from the seller in April. The seller included slides from an old timers game between the 1960 Pirates and Yankees. There were a few photos of Mantle and Berra included and some fun shots of Clemente and Maz as they line up wearing the new Pirates Polyester uniforms contrasting the flannels of their ex teammates. This sequence contains Clemente getting hit 3000, Schnek and Milner throwing 3000, Clemente standing at second, leading off of third and scoring. Just as it is with most things in life these slides were not as good as I hoped but much better than I feared.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 12-07-2016 at 02:24 PM.