View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 04:37 PM
N.ate A.dams

Default Opinion needed on a correspondence with a seller on eBay

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:16:40 -0700
ME:
I'm all ready to send the payment, but before I do - can I get a scan of the back?

Also, if you're looking to start anew with some sales, let me know the prices of your Cubs T206 cards off e-bay. I've been following your store for a while and noticed that they haven't sold - even when on sale.

Thank you for the quick response,

Nate
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, 11:43 AM
PERSON RESPONDING TO ME (the Seller):

No back scan. They cards are in inventory in my office and I do not have a scanner at my office. Would be a 45 min round trip just to send a scan and then all my profit is gone in gas.

Seller's Name

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:09:49 -0700
Me Responding Again:

That I understand. Stupid gas prices.

If there is paper missing from the back, or a mark on the back - then my offer would be much lower - in the range of 30-35 depending how bad the back is. On the Tinker 'bat on' that I got for 35, I really could have offered him lower. There is no limit to how low a Poor can be graded with the card being entirely intact.

When do you go back to your office? Are you off this week?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:15 PM
SELLERS FINAL RESPONSE:

Read my Ebay "Me" page.
We are done here.
Good luck.

-The Seller's Name was here

Here is that "ME" Page

Ebay has changed much for seller's the past year or so. With higher fee's and almost manditory free shipping we/I have had to up our prices on cards. I will try and give my best price at listing and ship fast and safe for you. Please do not ask me for discounts on cards as Ebay charges me 15% on whatever it sells for. Please do not email asking for back scans. I do not understand the need for a reverse scan of a graded card. You either trust the 3rd party service or you do not. I am not a fan of any guide. I hate VCP Beckett and SMR so please do not email me with completed listing prices or just to tell me what the SMR is on a card. This is rude. My ME page has to sound harsh becaue with Ebay's changes and unfair feedback forum we seller's are blackmailed, bullied, and abused by many buyers about our costs. It's to compansate for the high fee's not to try and gouge a customer. Please email me with any legit concerns or questions as I will be more than happy to help!

My Final Response

Dude - you need to lighten up! Really!

Why do you think I contact people outside of eBay? The fees are ludicrous.

I trust the 3rd party graders. If it were a PSA 3 - I wouldn't ask for a back scan - would I? A PSA 1 can look a lot better than another PSA 1. There are enormous disparities. I have an Evers portrait that looks fantastic front and back as a PSA 1 since it only has a pin hole at the top. I got it for 65$. I have another Evers portrait beat to hell as a PSA 1 with the back half torn off that I got for 28$.

I'm on your side here - for a seller to get pissed at a potential buyer for asking to see the 2nd side of a 2 sided card is also ludicrous. I know you're pissed about eBay and their monopoly on auctions (therefore having the ability to charge whatever they want...) but don't alienate future buyers. I'm shocked that you got pissed about someone asking for a back scan.

God bless.

Nate