View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Default Keith Olberman shows some guts and is right on the money

Posted By: Kenny Cole

I agree with almost all of what you said. However, let it be known that I DO have a complaint about the failure to elect at the least, Beckwith, Donaldson, Lundy, Redding, and Grant Johnson. I'm also unhappy about the omission of Marcell, Oms, Scales and Brewer. I think the selection committee screwed up when they didn't pick Nip Winters, Bill Wright and Bill Monroe as finalists. Bus Clarkson also deserved some serious scrutiny. I didn't bitch here because it didn't seem to be the place to bitch. Rest assured, however, that I did bitch about the above to those who cared.

That having been said, I think the Committee, overall, did a great job. If Olberman wants to turn in his SABR membership, let him. You are right, SABR didn't run the elections. While I fully support Buck O'Neil's election to the HOF, and think it is long overdue, I think that is the fault of the Vets Committee, the HOF, and MLB. I fail to see how it is SABR's fault. If Olberman feels differently, that is his right. In that event, I feel strongly that he should abide by his statement and turn in his membership because, having watched "Animal House," I always appreciate pointless gestures.

Kenny Cole