View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:50 PM

Default Sorry man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saco River Auction View Post
I have spoken to my employee and made him read this thread. We are truly sorry the item was not handled differently and packaged correctly. My employee ships thousands of items per year and he is excellent at it as we only had 3 claims for damage in the past year, which is amazing considering we ship everything from lamps to paintings and all categories in between. Having said that..he was negligent with this item in how he packed it. He now realizes his mistake and I will deal with it internally. In all reality, no matter how proficient your employees are, mistakes do happen. We strive to have happy customers in all aspects of the auction business, because without consignors and buyers we are nothing. In Order to keep customers happy we have to strike a balance between shipping costs, buyers premiums, consignor rates etc. Sometimes in business we make mistakes. When your dealing with a massive volume and operating as often as we do, sometimes employees get complacent. I would like to apologize to the buyer and hope that he will forgive the error and continue to give us his business.

Sincerely,

Troy Thibodeau
Saco River Auction
207-650-5677
Now that's man'n up...addressed like a professional...

Mark/4Scuda...I feel your pain...Hopefully it wasn't wrinkled and everything will be OK with it...I too hate it when stuff isn't packed right...we spend a lot of time searching for this stuff and when you receive it you have every right to expect it well packed

I've pretty much seen it all for packing quality...Naturally the auction houses are held to a higher standard and you expect quality care and packing from them especially...but it's not always true....I'll never forget this one high profile New England auction house known for toy and advertising who sent a 3 foot x 14" framed puzzle with nothing but peanuts...amazingly it got to me without damage...

But it's eBay where you're really rolling the dice...With eBay...packing is the number one risk exposure...you never know how proficient they are going to be...