View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 08:39 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
Well you sure got fast service. The auction ended wed night
What a strange response. Speed of shipping is largely irrelevant in this case. Slightly more relevant than saying, "well you sure got a pretty yellow envelope." But not much more. The question is, was shipping a $600 jersey in a padded envelope sufficient? If you think so, would you like a $600 card shipped the same way? Would you ship a $600 card that way, just so we know?

I don't understand the deflection from the only question that matters.

I've received photos packaged poorly. It pisses me off, even with safe arrival. It certainly impacts repeat shopping for me.
Couldn't agree more. Sacco could have just as easily shipped the jersey via FedEx or USPS in a medium box, for added protection and it most likely would not have impacted the delivery date anyways. And I'm sure just about all of us would gladly sacrifice a day or two of speed for added care in packaging and shipping.

$15 seems a little on the low side for shipping as well consider the cost of shipping insurance for a valuation of $600. Via the USPS that would be over $7.00 in insurance alone for $600 and via FedEX that would be $6.00 in insurance alone for $6.00. I certainly hope Sacco didn't realize they misquoted the shipping/handling on the invoice after the fact and made the decision to ship in a padded envelope as a result.

Last edited by markf31; 07-26-2016 at 08:41 AM.