View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default opinions- is taking a crease out really altering?

Posted By: John

I think it says a lot for someone’s character who either (A) supports the practice or (B) turns a blind eye and doesn’t really care or bother them.

It’s stealing; the reason no single person is ever going to come forward with full disclosure on a doctored card upon re-sale is simple. It would raise hundreds of questions about the person’s integrity as a seller, and it would ultimately result in a lost customer and or a lowered value for the card in question. Its for these reasons we will never see an auction description in our lifetime that reads…”this card was VG at best before we got our hands on it! With our in house team spending hours, using our top secret methods for card restoration, we now with pride present this beautiful near mint example of…!”

Is it happening while we speak sure is, no doubt in my mind. In fact even a few board members partake in this practice and have openly admitted so.

Does it mean I should accept it, I don’t think so.

Would any of you guys tell your kids stealing is ok as long as you don’t get caught, or no one knows about it? I guess your wife really isn’t banging the mailman until you catch her, and that makes it ok?? Illegal and crooked stuff goes on all the time around the world all of which many of us never will know about, doesn’t mean we should join them and or tolerate it either. IMO.

Outing the “Card Doctors” still wouldn’t stop them sad to say, the only thing it would do is give me a list of people to avoid doing business with, and if forced to do business with regardless of the card, always value the card lower because of the seller at hand.

The unfortunate thing is, its here to stay, like any big business there are always a handful of people who will take the shortcut to make a buck at some other suckers expense. But to take the stance just because I got taken and did notice, I should be happy and accept the fact that I was ripped off. I’m calling bull**** on that one!