View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
I agree the Ruth is undervalued, especially relative to the Mick. But, there are not too many people left alive who saw Ruth play while there are lots of Baby Boomers left who grew up idolizing Mantle. So while the '52 Topps Mick is far more plentiful, I don't know if any of us ever see an accurate price point comparison of the two. That might not happen while Mantle fans remain alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mantle is way over priced, so everything is undervalued compared to it. The Mantle has the Topps name attached to it. Topps has been making cards from 1951 to 2017. Pretty much every collector alive grew up collecting Topps cards. Add that the card is from the first regular Topps set and is a scarce high number, even though a dp, and it has everything going for it.

Who made M101 sets? Who even collects them? An early Ruth card from a lightly collected set is only being carried by the Ruth name and the number made. If it was a t206 or a Cracker Jack, then the sky would be the limit. As is, it is only a card for auction houses to hype to investors.