View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

A separate section in BST with only one BIN thread where the dollar amount for listing changes periodically seems to cover many of the suggestions. What has been sold and what remains available is always a problem no matter how the thread(s) are formulated and where they are listed. Imagine a Lenox Cobb type listing intermingled on the new BST BIN thread. Imagine the endless bumping of countless active listings once they are off the front page. Imagine having someone manage the thread to keep a list of active listings in the first post. Then imagine being that guy. Trust the MN guy you wouldn't want to do it.

The consequences of this model for the other BST sections must also be considered. I doubt that a dicker-free rule on a BIN type thread could be enforced. A PM offering 900 instead of a 1000 could occur quite easily result in a sale. Who would enforce such a policy. Leon is heading for the door right now. If there is no dicker-free rule, what is the real difference between this and BST as it currently exists, except for the mandatory pricing established by the thread.

What about the guy who has only $750 cards that he wants to sell?

Because the threads are not specific as to era, sport or anything else, constant viewing will occur. Ultimately folks will decide their time is better spent looking for the stuff they want rather than a needle in a haystack. The novelty of the current threads will wear off I predict.

Rather than starting a 12 rung ladder of threads from $25 up to $10000, let's wait and see what happens in the next few weeks. I bet folks eager to expand the current threads may have second thoughts by then.

In reality though, it's not my forum and I have no agenda.

I will conclude with an appropriate quote by Doris Day

Que Sera Sera

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 05-30-2016 at 04:20 PM.