View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_rat View Post
I really like Erick's idea of having a single-running thread (instead of three). Why not do a rotation --
Week 1: $100
Week 2: $250
Week 3: $500
Week 4: $1000
(repeat)

Use one thread and just update the title every Sunday. Or use four threads and lock/unlock them at the appropriate times.
I think these threads have been great, and if done correctly, they won't clog up the front page. But I also think a weekly rotation is probably too fast for the threads to run their course, and would be tough to moderate since they'd have to be changed weekly. It also may not give folks enough time to turn over inventory to have something new at that price point every month.

So what about a once-a-month rotation? Whenever the monthly pickup thread starts, we can also start a monthly "Buy this for X" thread. I think $100/250/500/1000 sounds right, and then start over. Only one thread per month. I'm a low-budget guy and would have fun with a $25-50 thread also, but I think that would just turn into a mess. There has to be at least a little heft to the price to keep things interesting and keep it from becoming a clearinghouse for everyone's reject cards.

ETA: Or, whoever starts the thread can pick a random number, maybe $335 or $1150 or whatever. That would keep things pretty interesting also.

Last edited by Bliggity; 05-30-2016 at 03:11 PM.