View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 01:31 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
No, Bill - that is not what I asked. Go re-read the original question and don't miss the word "seen". I have even repeated myself in two other posts, emphasizing the word "seen". In fact, I expected you and others to comment that I was being a smart-ass by repeating myself so many times. Any discussion is fair game in my mind, regardless of the original question, but please don't tell me I asked a question that I did not.

There is a huge difference between 'greatest ever' and 'greatest you have seen'. My focus was on the latter.
Okay then, now I'm on the same page. If your intent was to ask who's the best we've ever seen, and I missed it, then I'm dense, and apologize. That would, of course, change my whole approach to this conversation. If I'm not having to worry about the Ghosts of Quarterbacks Past, I am content to exclude Norm, Otto and the Gang.

I'd still enthusiastically give Rodgers as my ultimate answer, especially after he was awarded his second NFL MVP last evening. But if he were in a horse race with Joe Montana, I must say it would be a photo finish. And Dan Marino would only be a bridle's width behind them both.

Oh, how I am dying to call John Elway "ol' horse face" right now, but I am going to refrain.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.