View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:48 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Sorry Leon, I worded that wrong. My #5 Grip card has to be fake, and it looks more like an E121 to me than known real Fro Joys (I know very little about E121 except for my poor Reuther). Something was wrong/different with this thing right out of the package, so I thought it may be one of the unknown type you've mentioned. Also, my son Jack was born May 1, which obviously led to little time here and messing with my cards. When I re-read my one of my posts, it seemed like I didn't see what you wrote, but I did and have 100% confidence in what you're saying. However, it is confusing trying to imagine what one of the unknown type Fro Joys looks like in a scan and agreeing with you that the blue under the light looks like reprint paper (?). Do you have a scan of one of the unknowns?

With the Grip card, I've resorted to my first impression and the pictures under the light next to my two authentic Fro Joys. I have 10 days left to get a refund, but I want to keep it if it's one of those. The same seller sold the previously mentioned Cobb (SGC counterfeit) as well after selling the Fro Joys, and he or she has also been selling 70's TCMA. In the descriptions, all the cards were from a southern estate. I have a feeling that Cobb would fluoresce big time though, unlike the Ruth Grip card.

By the way, I just got an e-mail from Beckett:
  • #2 Look Out Mr Pitcher got a "3"
  • #6 Crack Fielder got a "2."

Paper comparison under the black light seems to work for these.

I appreciate your time and help Leon, and sorry I worded some ideas wrong.