View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 04:24 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I don't want to deal with PIA. LOL

Ben, when you remodeled, did you RV and camp most of the time? We're living in my angel mother's basement. She is counting down the days.

The contractor is a family friend and told us he would invite us to do grunt work or menial tasks whenever possible to keep down labor costs. So far we have scraped popcorn ceilings, rolled up carpet and padding, and removed trim and door jambs. I am still supposed to remove tiled floors from the bathrooms.

Today we are ordering cabinets and flooring. My wife is humming and hawing about countertops. We're looking at buying remnants and having two different colors in the kitchen. Currently Formica is budgeted.
No we owned the house we lived in. It needed work and was in a horrible neighborhood. So we bought a decent house super cheap close to my wifes workplace. I done 99% of the work on it and it took close to 2 years. We replaced pretty much everything but the 2X4s in the walls. We saved a ton of money by buying unfinished cabinets/island in the kitchen. Just staining them ourselves saved us easily half the cost.