View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 09:57 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
yup, and why would he not provide the whole top half including the barcode.

A card like that needs tons of pics to sell it, someone is going to get burned. I bet you that the card I probably altered on top of it not being the originally graded card.

For some it needs a ton of pics to sell it, for someone else the current pictures are worth over $18,000 and counting. These are not newbies bidding on it.

My first impression after seeing the pic on ebay was that the top of the holder might be frosted or it might be glare from the pic. It appears to be just glare.

The most likely scenario as far as I can tell is what Peter alluded to: that this is a fake card with a flip and holder designed by someone who has successfully replicated many of the features of a previous generation PSA flip/holder. If a previous photo didn't exist showing a different card with the same cert number and the seller didn't raise red flags within the listing (e.g., payment terms that would seem to be a workaround on buyer protection), it would be that much easier to be duped. Gives me another reason to be skeptical of buying high end cards until these issues are resolved.

Last edited by griffon512; 03-18-2018 at 10:02 PM.