View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:25 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Ebay reaches a ton of people. I'm sure there are collectors out there who have better things to do with their time than to be consistently searching ebay and staying up all night to wait for major AH auctions to close.

PWCC offers monthly auctions. You know when each item will close. They have everything from 19th century through pre-war through modern for all sports. They will combine your invoice throughout the length of the 2+ week auction and allow you to pay at the very end. They have very reasonable combined shipping costs, package everything up professionally, and ship out quickly with tracking number. For those reasons, I can totally understand if there are ebay users who have most of their bidding with PWCC.

Yes, I agree there is a serious issue with retractions, shilling, etc. and the recent discussion/posts about PWCC texting a bidder. The texting thing is obviously their fault. But some of that other stuff is ebay's fault.

However, for me personally, I just don't care. And I know that rubs some people the wrong way. My opinion is that if you choose to buy stuff on ebay, you're going to experience those issues as they allow it to happen. For that reason, I never check the bidding history for anything on ebay. When I see something I want, I move it to my watch list, and 5 seconds before the auction ends I enter in my max bid and that's it. If I win it awesome, if not oh well. I prefer to live a stress free life when it comes to collecting.

All that being said, I do understand Dan's concern along with everybody else who pays attention to bidding history and stuff like that and can see why they choose not to do business with certain sellers.

***I've had 50+ successful BST transactions as both a buyer and a seller. Please feel free to PM me for references***

Last edited by VoodooChild; 03-08-2017 at 01:06 PM.