View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Rob

Default Giants and Dodgers WEIRDO nodders

I am kind of obsessed with these guys. Lou Criscione of ITPC has provided some great info on the Weirdos but I'm wondering if there is anything else to add.

Murray Kreiss started Murray Kreiss and Companty in 1946. He imported and re-sold cramics from Japan for 19 to 99 cents apiece (according to a Kreiss book I have. This book shows 100's of Kriess pieces but not a single bobbing head). In 1951, the company name was changed to Kreiss and Company. In the late 1960's Kreiss and Company "got out of" ceramics and started selling fine furniture. I believe they are still in the furniture business.

Most experts agree the Giants dolls are harder to find than the Dodgers. I have heard the Giants come in at least five, and maybe all seven, styles seen in Dodgers. I have only seen the three in the top row left in Giants. I have also never seen a black face Giant bit they are rumored to exist.

I would love to see some evidence of where these were sold and how much they originally cost. Were they sold in stores or through the mail? A newspaper ad or mail order form would be awesome to see. The pictures I've attached show all the known Dodgers dolls, a couple of non-baseball dolls that are almost certainly Kreiss and my collection of three Giants. Only the middle Giant is legit. The other two are Dodger dolls I've repainted. I doubt I will ever find the other legit Giants. Last night I saw that a Dodger "bathing beauty" went for $10,200 in an REA auction. As I said, these things are SCARCE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1aaweirdo1.jpg (75.9 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg s-l500 (1).jpg (25.5 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (26.6 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg KGrHqUOKowE1z5YuDkkBNww0J2Og_3.jpg (30.1 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3526.jpg (73.3 KB, 312 views)