View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
There's been a couple of Pedro games mentioned, but for me it was against my Indians in the 1999 playoffs. Deciding game, in Cleveland, but Pedro was injured and did not start.

With the score 8-8, Pedro decided to give it a go. He proceeded to pitch 6 innings of no-hit ball. Completely shut down a very good group of hitters, in a hitters park, after they had been knocking the cover off the ball for the first few innings. Yes, the Red Sox won that game.

Pedro put up numbers like Kershaw, but did it at the height of the steroid era. I didn't see it, but he went 9 innings perfect in Montreal, but got nothing for it.
That game was a classic example of what I was talking about. The strike zone that day was about a mile wide, as I recall. If someone can throw a 95 mph fastball two inches outside and consistently get a called strike, it's over for the batters.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.