View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Marc

1) I've picked up two other 49ers pennants somewhat recently. The single bar helmet pennant (from Fballguy) usually comes with a clearly non-cursive (later version) or clearly cursive (earlier version) font. This more funky font pennant is much more difficult to find (although it is the only version pictured in Mike Egner's book). I thought that it might be a transition between the two other fonts (i.e., a single year version from the early 1970s), but it is about as stiff as a pennant can get and has no NFL logo. I'd say that it comes from around the 1982 Super Bowl era when all things 49ers were selling like crazy in the Bay Area. Or maybe it comes from the late 1970s when they were terrible and the NFL might have wanted to disown them.

2) I also found that the 12 x 36 toploaders work ok for oversized pennants. See the three Santa Clara pennants below. It took a few minutes to get them in a more or less centered position and they aren't perfectly centered, but I'll be able to hang them (eventually).

3) I also reorganized a bit to get some additional Giants pennants on the wall. I picked up the four round Giants patches (let's call them circle pennants) a few months ago. Same image on the patches as the Giants pennant below them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49ers pennants.jpg (80.4 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg Oversized SCU pennants.jpg (79.2 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg Giants wall.jpg (75.1 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg Giants patches framed.jpg (71.6 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by bocca001; 09-25-2018 at 08:41 PM.