View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Joe P.

Default Cardboard Sickos Unite ..........

Forget about attending the Cardoholic meetings.

I'm a Cardoholic ... and it's OK to be challenged.

Hey guys, I might be a little busy for the pre show get together, but I'll try to give it a shot ... if not, I'll catch all you Sickos at the show.

Jim Rivera ... That's a great Back image site ... looking forward to meeting up with you, and Jim Jr again on Saturday.

Dan McKee ... Welcome back to the Chantilly Show.
Don't be too surprised if you see more Vintage dealers heading towards the area of the First, and Second Battle of Bull Run/Manassas.

The show is not just an autograph show.

Having been to many shows, cross country during the "80's, the show is not a Willow Grove show, but nowaday's ... What show is?

During the last few years, this show has been re- attracting (my word) more vintage from dealers, and walk ins.
The area is being rediscovered, and you just don't know what you're going to come up with.
Looking forward to two things.
Meeting up with the guy that I got a damn good looking T206 Washington Elberfeld for my beater set a few years back (you) ... and vintage dealer Scott Brockelman.

Val Kehl ... Glad to hear that you picked up a T217 (Stein) Mono, plus an E222- A.W.H. at the last Chantilly show ... to anyone familiar with the sets, we're talking about two of the toughest sets on the planet ... What a country.

My absents from the Chantilly show was due to a short illness.

My absents from the internet was due to an illiterate, and computer/high tech challenged mind.
I did not connect my computer in 1998, it was done by my now 94 year old uncle.
He used a second phone line for the connection.
Sometime in early Feburary, Verizon suggested that I might save some money by getting rid of the rarely used second line.
Nowadays if anyone says that they can save you some money ... you listen.

Yup ... I listened, and this computer illiterate disconnected himself from the entire planet.
Talk about going through a cold turkey, and the shakes.
Val, I'll see ya at the show.

Susan, and Don Ortolani, AKA Don Otto .....
Don is an old school dealer, and extremely knowledgeable.
You never know what you'll find at his table.

Larrie Dean ... Thanks again amigo.
Asides from vintage cards, I enjoy talking about Machu Pichu, and other interesting sites with you.
See you at the show.

Hope to see all of you at the show.
Joe Pelaez

Last edited by Potomac Yank; 03-30-2010 at 11:03 AM.