View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Bill Hedin

Default ignore the grade, its still a nice card!

Ahhhhhhh remember the countless other grading companies? We were haunted by Champ's grading here in the Northeast section of the US.
g ideas and a get rich quick scheme was his idea and those deals seldome work ou
I recall his first customer. This nice college aged guy had 10 Griffey rookie cards that were ok, probably 7's s! But the Chump's, I MEAN CHAMP'S guy slabbed them ALL 10's! They were decent, but the scratches on the hologram made them 7's or 8's!

Now the customer was soooooooooooooooooooo happy and wanted the SCD graded card price. I'm not sure what he did with them, but he was not happy to say the least!

The Champ's guy bought a grading machine and a ton of arrow head holders but dissapeared soon after this show of mine in Mass. I heard he set up in Tyson's Corner, Va and packed it in shortly after that. But the hobby must have thousands of over-graded Chamops cards.

In closing, he knew 2 numbers, 1 and zero and liked to combine them for grades! Sad but true! So, let's hear of your local shiester grading companies!

Thanks,
Bill in Mass.