View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymity revisited

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Recently I made a mistake in allowing RobertMike (whomever the heck he/she is) to post stuff in a thread that was giving an opinion about someone. I thought I remembered that person but when quizzed I really didn't. I deleted those remarks as soon as I realized my mistake. You need to be known by the board to make these kinds of comments. A first name only will not do it and I will delete your post. A full name is ok, if known to the board, but if I email you, or another moderator emails you privately, then you must email back, or be banned from the board. Basically we walk a fine line with the anonymity subject and I want to continue to allow it but those individuals really need to stay out of opinionated threads or controversial ones. The other alternative is to lock the site down more and I don't want to do that. I have emailed a few folks about this issue this morning already. I am also going to amend the forum rules to be stricter on anonymous posts...whether there is an "unknown to the board" name or not with the post. If you put your name by something then you can say almost anything you want to. best regards