View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Man, all kinds of conspiracy theories come into my head in regards to "Coach's Corner".

#1. It's a money laundering business. Who's going to report you to the cops when all of your customers are in cahoots with you?

#2. They're informants. Government gives them free reign as long as they give up one of their conspirators/consignors every once in awhile.

It is kind of odd, according to that article with Epperson and the charities, that they have been banned from Ebay, they have an "F" from the BBB, but there is no evidence of a single government inquiry into their business.

Answers:
1- certainly a possibility.
2- certainly a possibility but to the best of my knowledge, gleaned from TV and movies , don't these guys usually trade up when informing?

There has been a government inquiry into CC. It started with a Federal attorney in their area and then to the US Postal Service. The attorney had prosecuted another case in forged autographs. He was contacted and through the efforts of another 54 member a great deal of evidence was turned over to the Postal Authorities. For unknown reasons the investigation ended without any prosecution.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-24-2017 at 01:19 PM.