View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 08:37 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

I have a personal stake in this. I purchased a card from them in early 2017. Here’s the receipt for $105 attached. This was 2 years ago.

I put the card away for a couple of months and didn’t think much of it since it was a pack certified card. Never crossed my mind that it wasn’t real until I took the card to BGS a couple of months later. They returned it to me and I was shocked. It was already past the date of possible return so I just wrote it off as a loss. It has nagged me ever since.

The timing of your post couldn’t be any more perfect. That card sat on a shelf in my store until today. I received a call this afternoon from the Hall of Fame. They are putting together a card exhibit and wanted an example of a counterfeit card to put in it. I dropped off the card with the rejection from BGS. I hope they put this card in their exhibit for everyone to see. It helps to put me at ease when I think that some good will come from it and I can consider it a donation to education.

Thank you for your post and your work on this matter. I am new to the boards but this is one of the reasons I joined. After seeing Mannys work with the T206 autos I thought this was a good place to keep up with the hobby and maybe add a thing or two. You have done a great amount of good in bringing this to light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Yes they do, Adam.

I noticed the Ali on a so-called Classic card.

Thank you for the input, Adam.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8C9F2734-AC73-4767-809B-E4F145269120.jpg (19.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 2AA09932-63C6-4AB5-BA3A-18FE4FE9B2F0.jpg (19.0 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg B34E7C97-6AA5-4C39-914D-B20214E676EF.jpg (19.5 KB, 248 views)