View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Update:

They looked into their crystal ball and deemed me worthy to have double what they were allowing me to list which is probably sufficient for my needs in all honesty as I rarely have all of my listings live with new items, I tend to resist an item every other month or so so as not to fatigue the community of always seeing the exact same stuff.

After talking with several of the CSR's I was able to learn a bit more. Apparently somewhere around 2009 or so eBay began to implement the seller limits and most every new seller since then has had them to some degree or another from day 1. Those of us that were around prior to that and had been selling regularly were more or less grandfathered into not having limits on our older accounts. Apparently something made my account appear on their radar and they gave me a limit for an unknown reason. I have a feeling they are going to start doing these limits for everyone eventually. At this point I think I will have to request a higher total each month if I want them to (not really the end of the world).
I was selling wayyyyyy before 2009, but have limits. I have ONE negative feedback that was erroneously given to me as a "revenge" type feedback and Ebay decided I was a "risk" and wanted to implement limits on me. Because of that and all the other boneheaded moves they do, I have curtailed my selling tremendously on there. I'm not too worried about it because I have curtailed my selling so much, I get nowhere near their limits they imposed on me.