View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Jon Canfield

Default Drum Tobacco Pouch Currently For Sale on eBay

In the event any board member is bidding on the Drum tobacco pouch currently for sale on eBay, please note that despite the auction description which states "[t]he offered pouch is guarantees [sic] unopened and should contain a card from the era though the inconsistent packing tendencies of the day do not guarantee any specifics (some packs/pouches have been known to include multiple cards)", the pouch will not contain a card. I did notify PWCC about the misleading auction description over the weekend, and I received a response email from them simply saying that they are not guaranteeing that a card is inside (although I'd argue their description certainly implies that a card (or potentially multiple cards) will be inside). Regardless, given that bidding is already over $2k, I'm fairly certain some bidders think that cards were packaged with Drum tobacco pouches, and that is simply not the case. Cards would have been packaged with slide and shell cigarette boxes only. I hope that PWCC corrects their description before the auction ends in the next 8 days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-Drum-To...item5d5cb0f606

Edited to add:

For those interested, Drum-backed cards would have been packaged in slide and shell boxes such as the following:

Last edited by canjond; 08-31-2015 at 06:24 PM.