View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
David,

The "Parking" joke was already used in response #4. Your re-use has incurred a nominal fee. I accept cash, check, USPS Money Order, Paypal (add 3% or use the gift option, I guess), OR really cool cards for payment!
Jim,
After you and Prizner slam dunked parking and chicks all the good one-liners were taken already by the time this thread made it to Hawaii so my work was cut out for me. I thought the insertion of the word "valet" gave the joke a freshness it was lacking from your own re-use of the quip you made in the "To you; what is the most enjoyable part of the hobby" thread of Dec. 30, 2009, post No. 19 cf. http://tinyurl.com/yhn9cz7 (the egregious semi-colon is not mine; I cite it only for strict accuracy) so I thought it was fair usage and might give my already clever post (great use of that Village of the E91-A Damned photo, eh?) some extra "punch". An ancillary benefit of my rephrasing was that it takes poor Alan a step away from being the continual butt for his "parking" gaffe prior to the 2009 National; it is what someone does when his personal mission statement does not include the ruin of humanity, in case you were wondering. Nominal fee? In your dreams, homeboy. If you wish to discuss this any further you will have to pm me as you are now on my Ignore list.

David McD.