View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 05:44 PM

Default Nilon Bros. Enterprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
According to this one listed on Worthpoint, it is for Nilon Brothers concessions
Well done, professor!

Nilon Brothers was indeed a family owned concessionaire operating in Pennsylvania. From 1971 into the early 1980s, they ran concessions at Veteran's Stadium for the Phillies and Eagles. Their agreement included both food and souvenir sales, including pennants.

I mention this because, sometime ago, we had a debate about those VET-marked pennants that surfaced around 1971 for numerous MLB teams, including the Phillies. The thought was that ASCO made these; and, "VET" was a concessionaire's mark attributable to the local company charged with selling merch at Veteran's Stadium....

Marc's discovery here, however, casts some doubt on this hypothesis, as we now know who that concessioner was; and, what their mark looked like.

That said, I'm kinda surprised we've never seen or discussed this "NB" mark until now. I can't recall seeing it on a Phillies pennant. What say you, Greg?

Last edited by Domer05; 08-26-2023 at 05:47 PM.