View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default great thread

Great thread and post Robert. I agree with everyone above. I like the E's as much or more than any of the T's. If I were a set collector I would be as happy as a pig in poop concerning the prices (when we can find them) of the e cards right now. And like Barry said, they will go back up, just as the sun rises and sets. I have thought about the exact premise of this thread at least 50 times in the last 6 months. And lastly, good point on availability too. You don't see too many caramels for sale right now and that is in fact probably a combination of different factors, one being folks don't want to sell in a down market and the other being their relative scarcity compared to T's. When I look at the spreadsheet of my caramel types, some of them today are priced where they were 10 yrs ago. It's a great time to be collecting them. I picked up the Mello Mint below raw on ebay, thought it vg-ex when I bought it, and paid $250. They have retained their value more than the more common ones Robert mentioned. (love the overprints too!!) best regards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe94overprintsetfronts2.jpg (76.5 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg pe105lajoie.jpg (78.3 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by Leon; 12-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.