View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default I guess the armpits won't be getting an invite :( to no fancy pants dinner

Posted By: E, Daniel

"MASTRO AUCTIONS LIVE EVENT AT THE NATIONAL

We will be presenting an extremely prestigious live auction (our first ever) at the National Sports Collector’s Convention in Cleveland, on the evening of Friday, August 3rd, that will be limited to only 100 of the very “best of the best” sports collectibles in our hobby. The bidding will take place on the internet, for two weeks leading up to the auction, then live in the room, and on the telephone the night of the auction. Already in the fold are: a T206 Honus Wagner card; a T206 Ty Cobb with Ty Cobb reverse, as well as a magnificent example of the Ty Cobb tobacco tin that these rare cards were issued in; a 1933 Goudey Napoleon Lajoie card (SGC 88); a Joe DiMaggio rookie-era game used bat; Hank Aaron’s 1954 signed rookie contract, Mickey Mantle’s 500th home run baseball... to mention just a few. This auction will have national advertising and promotion, and will be preceded by an invitation only dinner/banquet at the House of Blues in downtown Cleveland. There will be a separate catalog for this sale (all of the 100 lots will be featured on a double-page spread), and all of the pieces will be on view at our booths at the convention. We are taking these items in at the present time, and once we reach the 100 lot ceiling we will close the consignment process."

I thought I remembered in a thread a while back Doug mentioning items right across the price range?

Ah well, you'll find me in the Hotel Bar with a copy of the catalog (if I'm lucky enough to scrounge one) and a cel phone, speed dialing the Auction and pretending to be Bruce Dorskin and madly bidding on every item I can .

Of course Bruce, I'm only kidding!!

Daniel