View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Michael

I've been on vacation the last week plus and haven't had a chance to respond to this thread and there are several points I think should be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I would have way more respect for Mr Sloate if he had complained equally about political statements made by those on his side of the aisle, there would only be silence from him on those occasions but his head would explode if it was someone from the other side. I will PayPal anyone $20 if they show me a post he made telling someone with views similar to his to knock it off or complain about it.
Tell you what Cliff, I will PayPal you $100 if you show me a thread where the first political post was made by someone with views similar to Barry's, Barry actually read the thread, and Barry didn't tell him to knock it off or complain about it.

I have seen very few political posts on this forum (but I don't read very many of the threads). But it seems like the ones I have seen are almost always started by someone with a particular slant similar to the one that set Barry off. And Cliff, why don't you show me a post you made telling someone with views similar to yours to knock it off or complain about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
If I were that ticked off by seeing posts regarding politics, the last place I would wander into would be a topic about 9/11.

But that's just me.
What??!! A thread about 9/11 is automatically political? Since when? Only deplorable people try to make 9/11 political. Hmm, I guess your last sentence says it all, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Any comment in any section/thread of this forum could be "inflammatory" to the right person.

I agree with a previous poster that if politics is a known trigger to someone, why would they choose to read a thread about 9/11, regardless of how well-written the first post in the thread was?
Wow!! Another one. Okay, I have to ask. What about 9/11 is political? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
It's not what happens to you, it's how you take it. Idiots in this life have been around for a while, it's not like they suddenly appeared only with the advent of online baseball card forums. Sounds to me like whoever left would have been better served by having a drink and ignoring whatever offense he could not get by. This is a fabulous place to talk about cards, and the benefits here far outweigh the frustrations, IMO.
This forum has rules. One of those rules is no politics. Why should rule breakers simply be ignored? I think the prudent thing would be to report them and see how the moderators handle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Regardless of if there is or isn't, would it not be smart to avoid a 9/11 thread knowing your panties could get in a twist?

I agree with Leon that the comment that started this isn't political, and directly pertained to the topic of 9/11 itself. If an individual views 9/11 as political, and is triggered by politics to the point of potentially leaving a sports card forum, is it not on them to avoid that thread and not click on it? We have a massive societal crisis with a lack of accountability, especially self-accountability. It's on David not to post anything political - which it has since been deemed he didn't - and it's on Barry not to dive into the thread knowing it's a potential trigger.

To me, that's what all of this boils down to. We all loves this hobby and discussing this hobby. 99% of the forum is about this hobby. There are 2 sections that are a bit more OT, and if your focus is strictly hobby-related discussions, it's probably best to avoid the 1% of this forum that is OT.
I really do hope you respond to my previous question. I really want to know why you think 9/11 is so political.

I strongly disagree with you and Leon. David's post was political. It was about one political party trying to score points with their base about something said by someone in the other political party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
This!!! The post wasn't even in the main forum. It was in the water cooler section where off the wall topics are spoken. I am conservative. There are no bones about it. If I choose to wear a red Make American Great again hat, and that triggers you, then that is on you!! I didn't like Obama's policies. But I would not ever vandalize a car because it had a "Hope and Change" bumper sticker on it. I am not so sure the left can make the same statement.
Bobby, if you look on the main page where the water cooler section is listed, you will see this, "Please no politics or religion." What is there about that statement that you are not able to understand?