View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Tom Boblitt

I came to this discussion late. And, although I'm sure Barry and I come from different places politically, we don't discuss those places. Barry is an IMMENSELY nice person and he and his wife met me and my family at the Met in NYC on the day I viewed the Burdick collection on spring break this year and they walked around with us for an hour or so before I did that. They were very gracious hosts. I've known Barry for 25+ years and bought some nice items from him over the years. I hate to see him leave the site because of a Watercooler post. It's tough to divorce ourselves from politics lately. It's pervasive (and maybe perverse too) in all aspects of many of our lives. I immerse myself in them....hopefully in the right spots though.....and try to seek out ALL viewpoints....regardless of how crazy....just to test my own thoughts which tend to sway from time to time. So....while I didn't see anything particularly wrong with David's post, I could see why Barry might. That's why the rule for N54 is to stay away from politics. I don't spend as much time here as I used to and try to disregard anything I think is off kilter in a balance to the good that's done on this and other sites. Just my opinion......

Last edited by autograf; 09-19-2019 at 10:03 AM.