View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The T206 Ames riddle....offering $500 reward (each) for his AB 460 or UZIT cards

Well....7 days have transpired since I posted this request/reward....but, so far there have not been any responses ? ?

Look, the printing pattern of the 350/460 series (63 subjects) has been figured out. Especially with respect to AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, BROAD LEAF 460, red HINDU, and UZIT
backs. The printing rules for these 4 backs are well established; therefore, I do NOT expect that any Ames (hands over head) cards with UZIT backs will ever be discovered.

However, T206resource (and other sources on this forum who cite them) claims that Ames/UZIT has been "confirmed".

So, I say let's see this UZIT card (and for that matter, the Ames/AB 460 card). Where are these cards ? ?

I will be set-up at the Chicago National in July. I welcome anyone having either one of these Ames cards to show me them. If they are legit, I'll gladly give him the $500 reward.

I am reprising my scans of the 350/460 series subjects in order to illustrate how the mutually-exclusive "460-type" backs in this series resulted from American Lithographic
separating these 63 subjects into two print groups.

Group A of the 350/460 series includes 35 subjects which were printed and issued with these four 460-type backs (circa..late 1910 > early 1911).

. . .

Factory #25 VA ......................... Factory#42 N.C.

Conversely, these 35 subjects were NOT PRINTED with.... AMERICAN BEAUTY 460....UZIT

Group A (35 subjects)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group B (28 subjects)

Group B of the 350/460 series includes 28 subjects which were printed and issued with these two 460-type backs (circa....Feb-Mar 1911).

Conversely, these 28 subjects were NOT PRINTED with....SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 25....SWEET CAPORAL 460 Factory 42....red HINDU....BROAD LEAF 460

Finally, regarding the 460-only series, only 29 of the 46 subjects in this series have been confirmed with the UZIT back. In fact, just these past 6 months, 2 new UZIT cards were
discovered. I acquired a UZIT card of McGraw (glove at hip). And, a Frill/UZIT was discovered (currently in Heritage's auction). So, the 460-only series is still a work in progress.

My UZIT checklist will be posted in the following post.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-18-2020 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Correct typo.