View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default Hot and Not ...

My opinion and whatever added doesn't even add up to the cup of coffee noted earlier, but fun to speculate nonetheless.

**I think the 1914 CJ centennial will keep them hot, even hotter. Notice more and more people getting into them in recent years (including me!). To that note, I think the 1915 CJ's as well will see increases in collectors entering into the fray and price as well.

**I think the lower grade T206 rarer backs for common players will level off or even dip some in 2014. (Drum, Broad Leaf excluded) Couldn't believe the run up on those - which is great for the interest/hobby, I just question the sustainability.

**High end, early career issue 50's HOF's like Mays, Aaron, Clemente, Mantle, etc. I think will continue to rise. The '57 Brooks Robby Rookie in an 8 has more than doubled in price in the last 5-6 years! Same with early career Mays in 7 and higher. I think those trends will continue.

**I have the E93 set complete and long for the day of rebound in interest and prices, but cannot see it in 2014. Nice looking cards, soft demand. I think the E98 set will have modest gains in popularity/prices .. perhaps sparked by the Black Swamp Find and those higher end cards circulating in the market? Other E series, I don't see it - but admittedly don't pay much attention to the other issues.

**I can't see the Brunners Bread cards reversing their downward trend in 2014 (and I don't see why, nice looking cards!) Higher grade HOFs being the obvious exception here.

**The Babe Ruth frenzie, as noted many times, I agree - will continue. I see more growth for the Jackie Robinson cards as well, especially in higher grade.