View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 PM
pariah1107

Tried and tried but noone is willing to help me. SABR is a sick joke... Had to step out on my own. GLADLY GIVE THEM INFO IF THEY DIDN'T WANT $$$$$. It's only the most important story of African American baseball history prior to Jackie Robinson go ahead and ignore it.

Challenge yourselves!

Did I mention Claxton was the first African American manager of a WHITE semi-pro team (1926-31 Roslyn Yippers). Known as "Claxton's Crew" he had 13 consecutive hits in 1929 with the team (he only hit .750 that season). Louis Bruno, Emil Fara, & Floyd Chapeta also played for the Yippers in '29. Bruno became the superintendent of Public Schools in Washington, Fara hit the longest homerun in the Renton ballpark (later Sicks Staidum), and "Peck" Chapeta was a semi-paralyzed one-armed polio smasher of the ball. Both Fara and Chapeta were offered contracts with the Seattle Indiians in 1930. Would SABR like more info? PM me.Too much info to share here.....

**** FULL DISCLOSURE: I DO NOT OWN A JIMMY CLAXTON OR PETE STANDRIDGE BASEBALL CARD *****

Last edited by pariah1107; 03-03-2013 at 09:28 AM.