Thread: New SGC Look?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Default Hey Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I'm sitting here in amazement at the irony of this thread and others.

Members chime in unison about the poor quality of the holders (any TPG) and rail on about fraudulent cards being placed in cracked holders and resold, holders (or gaskets) that don't hold the cards, or holders that are too thick or too thin.

Then the members in unison get all bent out of shape and chime in about a change in flips, whose sole purpose is to identify the card, certify its authenticity and assign an opinion regarding its condition.

And then when it comes to the cards themselves, members generally agree in unison and chime in with the Net54 mantra "Buy the card and not the holder".
If the holder and the flip are so (expletive deleted) important, more so than the card itself, isn't the mantra a bit hypocritical?

Furthermore these threads tend to promote behavior seen in lemmings with someone expressing their "personal" opinion (regarding the flip for example) and then the entire symphony orchestra feels compelled to respond in harmony.

Change is inevitable. Some will resist. Others will adapt. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but following a leader in lockstep didn't work in Jonestown for the Koolaid drinkers.

Be independent, my friends, and don't get swept away by the wave of a Net54 thread. Maybe everyone should design a flip they would be happy with and post it. Do you think we would agree on which one is the best? I respectfully think not.
The SGC management decision to change their label has drawn negative comments from SGC customers who have invested in their product and much prefer the as is look and to have uniformity in their collection. There is no need for your arrogant insult comparing us to "follow the leader" lemmings or your hackneyed philosophy.