View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 09:54 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
My understanding is that Koufax donates his share to charity when he does signings, he doesn't need the money for himself. As we know, he's a very private guy, and doesn't like to be the focus of attention.

These prices are clearly targeting those who would like to get a special item signed. I had all my Koufax World Series and perfect game lineup cards signed by Sandy 15 years ago for $300 each. but have more recently acquired a set of lineup cards from the 1963 World Series, game 4, when the Dodgers completed the sweep of the Yankees, with Koufax on the mound. Since it was the only unsigned one, I asked them for a quote since it doesn't fit into any of the categories. When I was given the amount, I initially decided to pass as I couldn't justify the price, but them decided to go for it since it is for my personal collection, and will be sold after I'm 6 feet under. I may never get another chance to have it signed.

I also asked for a price on another item, but it was double what I thought it should be, so passed on that one. It would have been nice to get it signed, but not something central to my collection.

Rick
Rick,

I'll also add on, in terms of guys like Koufax, or even Aaron when he was still alive and signing, you don't mind paying as much. They were both prominent signers in their day. I tend to cut guys like them some slack.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.