View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Last week was a epic pickup week for my no-hit ticket collection.
Two really tough no-hit tickets from the 1960's
I was able to pick up an unimprovable signed ticket stub from HOF Jim Palmer's no-hitter on August 13, 1969.

In May, while visiting Cincinnati on a business trip, I had the pleasure of visiting the newly revamped Cincinnati Reds Museum and Hall of Fame.
It's truly awesome & I would highly recommend checking it out if you get the chance as it is extremely well done.
One of the new mini-exhibits especially caught my eye. They had two tickets and a narrative about Houston Colt 45's pitcher Ken Johnson's no-hit loss 1-0 against the visiting Cincinnati Reds team and opposing pitcher Joe Nuxhall on April 23, 1964.
This was historic in that it was the first time that a pitcher had hurled a 9 inning no-hitter and lost the game.
After contacting Chris Eckes the Curator of the Cincinnati Reds Museum,
I'm very happy to report that I was able to work out a creative trade that benefitted the museum and allowed me to finally add a ticket to Ken Johnson's no-hitter.
It's literally been on my want list for decades, and prior to visiting the Reds Museum I had never even heard of one existing.

Many thanks to Chris Eckes and Brink Van Horn for allowing me to add these tickets to my advanced no-hitter collection.

I now have tickets to 218 different no-hitter games dating back to 1901 (out of 303 total no-hitters since the 1800's).
159 of these tickets are signed by 165 total no-hit pitchers.
129 of these tickets are full tickets
39 are no-hit games pitched by pitchers in the HOF
Oh man, you're not going to leave us hanging on the creative trade, are you? LOL