View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Kevin

Absolutely.....Mickey Mantle....."Mister Clutch" in the Big games.

These other guys cannot compare with Mickey's 18 - HR's in World Series play (1952 - 1964).

Mickey being a major force for his team being in that many W.S. during those years.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2000 View Post
Babe Ruth!
It is an interesting question, and I would assume that it includes the caveat that what a player accomplished in his career is not necessarily included for the team we are starting today. Mantle certainly proved he could hit 18 HR in the World Series, although I would hazard a guess that every one player on the list has the talent to possibly hit 18 home runs if given 273 PA in WS play.
My gut reaction is to say Trout, because he's the only player who has proven he can do it at the elite level under the current conditions.
Ruth is a good alternative to the answers given, and I think there could be others who would be fun to drop into 2019 and see what they could do if starting their young careers now... Bonds, Bo, Josh Gibson, Cobb... I guess I'd really love to see what Bo would have done if he committed to baseball and had the modern training methods, etc!