View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:12 PM

I absolutely loved my entire National experience. The Net54 dinner was, without doubt, the absolute highlight of the trip to Cleveland. If the attendence keeps increasing, Leon will have to rent out a larger facility.

I agree with Rich that the admission price (and parking) is way too expensive. If you drive & park there, it costs $26 per day just to get in the door before you even buy anything.

I really like the National in Cleveland personally, but I think the organizers should be holding the National in additional different cities than what they are currently doing. I know next year will be in Baltimore, but then it seems to rotate between Chicago and Cleveland. Why not try other cities that have been mentioned in the past ?

During the late 1970s and early 80s, larger sports collectors conventions included seminars and discussion panels but the hobby eventually drifted into the mammoth show/autograph pavilion model. With the advance of the internet, less business than ever takes place in person and fewer discussions occur between dealers and collectors who share the same passion. I'd like to see more of these type seminars & discussions during the National weekend, either during show hours or after show hours rather than a separate "Premier Collectible Conference and Exhibition (PCCE)" show that was unsuccessfully held in April of 2008 in Chicago.

Much better & less expensive food courts. At least in Cleveland, you can't just walk outside & grab lunch. So make lunch better quality & more affordable to us poor slobs.

Regards,
Alan