Thread: Pwcc
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 11:45 PM

Not to get off topic, but when it was disclosed in a thread a few weeks ago that Heritage allows affiliates, employees, their friends, and relatives of employees ( are they affiliates) of Heritage to consign and bid on any of their items or others items (as long as they really wanted to purchase it, spooky how they know that), this board responded mostly with crickets and lets move to a different topic. Yet any questionable PWCC auction is automatically looked at with disdain and suspicion by some and maybe for good reason, not always sure why though.
Has anybody called Heritage and asked who the under-bidders were and if they were employees or friends/relatives they were bidding against when an auction didn't look just right to them? Did the respond? While it may be lawful to do it would make them look better to me if they stopped allowing that to happen like many other auction houses have.
I am wary of many auction houses and Ebay sellers thanks to this site and it has helped a lot with my collecting but don't understand some things.
Take care,
B1II d@na1ds@n