Thread: Pwcc
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 04:07 PM
I@n Cl@rke

I haven't seen it mentioned yet... but these threads and observations, though good in intent, do give a nice blue print for anyone who wants to actively scare bidders/competition away from a listing. Just sayin.

I've bought over a dozen items from PWCC and with exception of one, do not feel I've overpaid (often backed up by subsequent sales). Their service (especially packaging and responding to my questions/requests) has been great in my experience... and though I do not think for a second there is not at least some funny business that goes on within their offerings, I do not think this is unique to PWCC, Probstein. I'm sure it happens on many other consignment type sales (especially AH's that have been outed), and/or even when the seller is the card's owner.

Not sure what the solutions are, but I've got to think it would be difficult to monitor and then make decisions in real time (blocking bidders, etc) when you've got thousands of listings. I've never sold, so don't have the most informed POV. Seems it may be good if eBay were able to police this, perhaps in the form of warnings for excessive retractions, returns, non payments, and suspending bidders when it seems appropriate.