View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Default "Race card played in failure to sell Honus collectible"

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I talked to Mr. O'Keefe yesterday and also a bit back about the T206 Wagner (can't remember why I got called but did). He is straight forward and does not hide anything or pull any punches. I had not read the 2 quotes aboout the Net 54 reactions when speaking to him and since have emailed him about the quotes.

The one thing he did regret and takes for blame is the title of the article, he told me he left it up to his editor. From what I got out of why these guys are getting national exposure is because of the time and effort they have put into trying to sell this card and the fact that Mr. Connelly jumped on the bandwagon.
I got the impression that he does not feel the card is real but feel the paper dating evidence is compelling. I pointed out to him the possiblity of the card being rebacked and that was not a scenario that he was aware of.

I believe, (I know alot of you are going to disagree, he is very approachable) Mr. O'Keeffe is an upstanding person and was more than willing to listen to my question and concerns about his article and approach. He has been during research into vintage baseball areas and the book on the T206 "Gretzky" Wagner should be interesting, he is trying to track the history of the card.

Lee