View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

I would also suggest to take your time and learn more about them (there are 2 types to this card).

I purchased my 52 Topps Mantle type 2 (both types are the same price in all grades) this year in PSA 4 BUT waited years to find the perfect one (looks super strong for the grade and I had ZERO problems with the seller) from a reputable dealer (Leon's friend)...I paid 13 000$ for it.

I can understand you want this card really bad we all do or did...but at this price level it is not a rush game you MUST be patient and find the one that is right for you. You can buy nice looking 3's, 4's or 5's or ugly ones in the same exact grades. For a nice 3 expect to pay 9000$ to 10 000$, for a nice 4 expect to pay 12 000$ to 15 000$ and for a nice 5 well that is a LOT more...there is one on Ebay right now at 45 000$ with a best offer option...for me this card is way to off centered for my liking (but the rest of the card looks great....many 52 topps Mantles have centering problems)...but gives you a idea of value at this grade level (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1952-Topps-31...565c988)...the seller is also very well known and can be trusted he may be able also to locate a nice one for you...his name is Brian!!!

Finally 52 Topps Mantle cards are NOT rare and can be found...now the thing is finding a nice one for a descent price and the most important from a well known dealer. I would suggest the same dealer who sold me mine...TonyEtrade...here is is link to his website (he is a well known dealer that deals in high end cards and can be trusted): http://www.tonyetrade.com/

Make sure you have ZERO regrets with the card you are buying this is a LOT of money for most people. Buy one that has no creases that is well centered with strong colors and with better than average corners.

Post # 5

Last edited by Zone91; 05-28-2013 at 10:07 PM.