View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 AM

Default Omahogs ticket book

I am late to the game contributing to this thread, but I just returned from a long business trip.

I'm a vintage baseball ticket guy of over 39 years, but I can't recall ever seeing any of these 1895 Omahog tickets or ticket books in my past. I whole-heartedly agree with some of the posts, i.e. to:

1) Leave the ticket booklet intact!!
2) Do not spend money to PSA grade tickets that are certainly self- explanatory given the context of the entire booklet
3) Graphics are both unusual, vintage and very cool!

That being said, placing a value on an item such as this is not easy given that is both scarce and may have a fairly narrow collector base. If this were a ticket book from the same vintage, but let's say a National League team, my gut is that this could possibly bring $2,000- $3,000 in an auction. If I were a collector of all things Omahogs, I could see paying perhaps $1,000- $1500 in a major auction. Like all things in an auction setting, you have to have multiple bidders participate in order to get top dollar. Most collectors would have difficulty trying to determine value.

I hope you find this helpful. No matter what, the booklet is a fantastic find and thanks for posting pictures!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 10-14-2011 at 05:39 AM.