View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 09:49 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

a lot of people use snipe services for ebay, but not sure if they work on auction house sites.

however, this is a very interesting thread and good question. I very rarely sell but ironically enough, actually have my first auction going on right now on my backup pete rose set (shameless plug) and have set it to start and end this Sunday from 10ish - 11:30ish, est. Lots are ending about 3 minutes apart w/ a few 5 mins breathers in there. I also set it for a 10 day listing. Again, just testing my theory and naturally curious to see how she ends up.

from a buyers perspective, it seems that Sunday's around this time always bring in the bigger pay days as it's not necessarily too late for the east coasters or too early for the left coasters.

On the other hand, I have also noticed that some people have followed this guideline not realizing it's Superbowl Sunday and subsequently gotten 3 deals of the century due to this "personal theory".

edited to add: as for the line of credit question, I think it would be a good thing to extend credit for up to 6 months on a certain level of a purchase. ie, "sir, i'm sorry i cant finance your 86 topps traded otis nixon psa 7". what might be an even better idea is to have a customer that might like that extension apply for pre-approval PRIOR to the auction. even then you have a decision to make as a consignor/auction house: a. do you extend the credit yourself, keep the card until it's paid off and make a lil side money on interest w/ the possibility of keeping all payments if the purchaser defaults. or b. simply outsource your customers to a credit company (however it could still be called "leon's credit co" and make additional funds on the "referral" basis. basically you write the note and get their credit limit approved by ABC credit and then ABC credit buys the debt. and to answer your question in full on either a. or b. i have always been a proponent of the steve miller monetary theory: "go on, take the money and run".

Last edited by begsu1013; 03-31-2015 at 10:36 PM.