View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Al Wright

Default New Member Saying Hello

Just registered after lurking around for a few weeks and being blown away by the breadth of knowledge of many of the members. Actually stumbled on the site while following a google link to 707 Sportscards. Lucky day for me.

On schedule to turn 68 in September, so I did all the mid '50's early '60s stuff with baseball cards so many others did. Yeah, they got tossed during a spring cleaning eventually. Have always considered the '57 set my favorite, but those '53 Bowman color cards are something special. Got back in the hobby in 1988 and accumulated a card store (or so it seemed) of baseball and hockey only to walk away again in '94-'95 after the strike. Trying to turn the junk wax era stuff into a little cash, stress little, but it's a process.

Intend to concentrate on a set comprised of pitcher cards from the year/years they won 20 games. Start date of 1952 thru ??? - but at least 1980.

Glad to be here, and thanks for having me. I'll try not to pop off until I think I've learned at least a little something. Once I learn how to navigate the control panel I'll update an avatar (58 Pinson rookie!) and some more information.

Thanks again. I'm Al in New Jersey.