View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Al

Rob,
We may never know the the reason why but probably these pins were know as duel pins. As they could be used for more than 1 sport thus saving the pin maker (and vendor) money ,didnt have to wait for the next baseball season to sell unsold pins just change dangles and bam new point of sale football to baseball and visa versa. There are alot of baseball giant pins and football giant pins that can be used either way. As was pointed out NEVER go by the dangle easy to change and really only attribute it if it is team specific or has a ribbon for a specific event. As for your pin I would lean more toward football than baseball. And remember Paul wasnot always right about pins. We (Paul and I)have had may an argument about this very subject. Here is one case in point Paul and I never spoke after this one as he didnt like being wrong... In the pinback book as allstar. I told him to start there was never an allstar game played in New Orleans. Then to back up my findings I showed him this. Now to this day (and I have told him also) there is someone on ebay who is a huge pin seller still lists that pin as BASEBALL allstar. This was an east west shrine football game moved from Ca. to New Orleans during world war 2 for fear that the Japanese planes could reach Ca but couldnt reach New Orleans and kill many people at the site. Only time the game was ever moved. Listed in Pauls book so it must be right

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 12-04-2017 at 08:22 PM.