Thread: Tickets
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Is it me or are the prices for vintage stubs constantly climbing? I have been adding to my collection non stop for a year and have noticed the prices of stubs and programs to "nothing games" almost rise by 50% over the past few months.
one thing vintage tickets do that very few of the other sports memorabilia
can not provide , is have the new owner live vicariously through the original ticket owner , possibly imagining having that ticket in his pocket sitting in the stadium watching the game, maybe witnessing a milestone event , Big HR , No Hitter ,MLB Debut First win Last win or last Game played by a hall of Fame or their favorite player
obviously collecting old baseball items will never die especially vintage quality cards.
But tickets add that extra dimension plus there are significantly less available
so the very limited supply verses the growing demand for the older tickets is enhancing the value, plus condition is not as important as the "actual date of the ticket"so no need to worry to much on condition as it pertains to value if a key date , which helps the novice collector make that purchase

Last edited by megalimey; 01-25-2017 at 12:54 PM.