View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Gary, I started this thread explaining that these weren't anywhere near 'Gem Mint 10' - they are in a condition generally referred to by collectors as 'reading copies'.
You said nothing of the sort! Stop lying. I'm gonna take you on Maury Povich show and have you hooked up to a lie detector and they're gonna prove you're telling a lie. Maury is gonna read the results, and it'll go something like this: Runscott, when you were asked about the condition of your 1800's Spalding and Reach Baseball Guides, you said they have fragile covers and bindings.

And the lie detector determined that you were telling... the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I have a group of 1800's Spalding and Reach Baseball Guides that have fragile covers and bindings.
Never mind.

In all seriousness, my reference to "Gem Mint 10" wasn't specifically directed toward the condition of your books. The main point of my "collect without responsibility" philosophy when it comes to reprints is that I can read, and enjoy, a reprint without worrying about having to handle it carefully to make sure it stays in whatever condition it's in - be it Gem Mint 10, or in the case of your books, without having to worry about paper flakes.